Yaris celebrates 20 years with special-edition model
Toyota is celebrating the 20th anniversary of its European best-selling hatchback the Yaris with a new special edition – the Y20. This marks the 20th anniversary of its successful supermini appearing for the first time at Paris Motor show in 1998,
Toyota are due to release 1,998 Launch Edition Y20 models featuring gold paintwork similar to that used by the first Yaris back in 1998 but with the contemporary twist of a bi-tone dark grey roof. These will be followed by full-production Y20 models in various colours including silver, white and black, each with a bi-tone roof.
Grey features will distinguish the Y20 within the Yaris line-up.
· 16-inch grey and machined-face ten-spoke alloy wheels
· Dark grey side mouldings, front grille, door mirror casings and fog light surrounds (with chrome detailing).
· Shark fin antenna, colour-matched to the roof
· Dark-tinted rear privacy glass
· Special Y20 badging on the C-pillars.
And inside the stylish dark grey theme continues:
· Dark grey centre console and steering wheel inserts
· Check-patterned fabric upholstery
· Satin chrome air vents
· Black floor mats with silver edging.
· Y20 badging on the instrument panel
Details on powertrains, pricing and delivery dates for the UK on both cars will be revealed at a later date.